For Immediate Release
May 19, 2020
National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force
(Pooler, GA) The National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force is now open to the public with new guidelines in place to protect staff and visitors, including revised hours of operation for the enhanced daily cleaning of the museum building.
New days and hours of operation:
Tuesday – Saturday: 10 am – 5 pm
Sunday: Noon – 5 pm
- Museum galleries will be capacity controlled at 25% of capacity;
- All museum staff are required to wear facemasks; visitors are strongly recommended to do so;
- Social distancing of staff and visitors is required;
- Interior doors will be kept open to minimize touching of handles and push plates; and
- Hand sanitizing stations have been established in selected locations throughout the museum.
The Mighty Eighth Museum continues to monitor government guidelines and professional best practices for protecting staff and visitors and all updates can be found on the museum website and social media outlets.
About the National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force
The museum educates visitors about the character, courage, valor and patriotism of the brave individuals who fought in the Eighth Air Force, the largest air armada in history. The museum uses films, exhibits, artifacts and archival materials to tell the stories of individuals who served in the Eighth Air Force. Their sacrifices made victory in World War II possible.
For more information call (912) 748-8888.