Researchers may contact the Roger A. Freeman Eighth Air Force Research Center’s staff to see what specific material is included in the collection. Requests to see material from the Special Collections or permanent collection requires completing the necessary paperwork. Please complete and submit the Access to Collections form below and remember to bring a picture ID on the day of your visit. A two-week notice is required when requesting access to the collection. The Roger A. Freeman Research Center is open
Tuesday – Thursday from 10 am – 12 pm and 1 pm – 3 pm
Friday 10 am – Noon
Closed on Mondays and holidays
We will provide access to those individuals whose purposes fall within the mission of the museum. Access may be limited.
- Access to the collections requires prior approval and appointment.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in permanent collections or the library. Researchers will use only pencil to take notes. Access is supervised by staff members.
- Bags, briefcases, backpacks, etc. must be stored behind the counter.
- Access is subject to federal and state laws governing open records and rights to privacy.
- A fee may be charged if excessive time and/or materials are required.
- Reproduction is negotiated on a per case basis. Refer also to photo collections fee schedule. It is possible to photocopy limited material. Requests must be made to staff.
- A copy of the final report and auxiliary materials must be filed with the collections department.
You can also request library access at other times by appointment.